Tuesday, 2 June 2015

Posters



With this poster I decided to do something a little different with the text styles. I wanted to use a text colour that would really stand out from the background so I used a colour that contrasts green in the image and also use a warmer colour that would contrast the cool feel to the image. I didnt use as bright an orange because the background that it is placed over is quite highlighted from the flash.



Very similar to above with this format, again using an orange coloured font for the poster. I wanted to keep all the font style to a sans serif format as I think it looks cleaner for posters and can be more legible at smaller font sizes like the name list at the bottom. Also for web use/computer use sans serif fonts work better with the pixels on screen. The only other difference with this and the other posters when it comes to text is I inverted the Photographers Gallery logo to make it pop out more.



 I stitched two photographs together in photoshop and used a very soft eraser to remove the harsh edges of the images so they blended together a little more.

I then used the text tool and exploring with different fonts and sizes decided on this format. This format works well with all of the posters when it comes to names and location and date.

As part of the poster designs we had to include 'The photographers Gallery' logo in the poster so I pulled the image of google and used the colour select feature in photoshop to remove the background of the image. I could of course have used a PNG which wouldn't have had a background but I couldn't find one of high enough quality.

Also with this poster I used the top image purposely because of the leading lines, the whole poster is basically an arrow pointing towards the tittle of the exhibition with the tree's leading up towards the shadow arrow on the top image.

No comments:

Post a Comment