Wednesday, 17 June 2015

Evaluation

Although there wasn't a huge amount of images i believe this brief went well. I managed to get a decent amount of images and the images I needed. I really like some of the images especially the ones from the woods with the off camera flash behind the model. I liked this technique because it almost masked the individual person creating a sense of anonymity.

Application of Images

For these images I believe that they could be used for a variant of applications, for example using them for a movie poster or a sci-fi film. I think this because they have an eerie atmosphere to some of the images with the low-key atmosphere with the main subject highlighted but at the same time the main points of the subject are obstructed by shadows. There is also a sense of being within a transition of teenage into adulthood, having certain responsibilities forced upon you while still wanting to be a teen, acting like one and having minimal responsibilities and having a general care free attitude towards life. These images display the obstruction to happiness that adulthood presents upon teenagers "growing up". Due of the lighting there is a sense of travel and transformation into the process of maturing and growing up. It's a metaphor for this sense of growing out of the acceptable behavior for a teen and into more appropriate behavior and attitude for adult life.

I believe my work is similar to that of Gregory Crewdson in that aesthetically they do like quite similar with the lowkey environment with artificial lighting to help illuminate the subject. The gallery goes on to say: "with little reference to prior events or what may follow. The artist has referred the 'limitations of a photograph in terms of narrative capacity to have an image that is frozen in time" this means that the images aren't a series of part of a bigger picture, they are a still moment from an event in time.

I found this image while searching through Greg's Artists and believed this was very similar in terms of subject, lighting and even composition.

No comments:

Post a Comment